Tanning beds are an increasingly popular way to get a tan without having to brave the sun’s harsh rays. Indoor tanning is convenient and often less expensive than outdoor tanning, making it a great option for those who want to maintain their summer glow all year round.
One of the most uncommon and overlooked benefits of using a lay-down tanning booth is that warm, cozy power nap you can get in between errands or on your insanely short lunch break. Do not overestimate the energy-surging effects of a good tanning bed nap!
So, if you’re looking for ways to make the most of your tanning bed sleep sessions, here are 10 tips that will help you get the best napping experience.
10 Strategies to Getting a Good Nap While You Tan in a Tanning Bed
1. Prep your skin: Before you get into the tanning bed, be sure to exfoliate your skin and remove any makeup, dirt or oil that may prevent the tanning lotion from being absorbed properly. It’s also important to moisturize after exfoliating so that your skin doesn’t become overly dry during the tanning process. That can make you feel itchy and uncomfortable rather than peaceful and relaxed.
2. Choose the right tanning lotion: Tanning lotions help protect your skin from UV rays and can also help you get a deeper tan. This is great for those who have less time to tan and nap. You can get a better power nap when you don’t have to worry about being tan enough after. Just be sure to choose a lotion that has plenty of moisturizing ingredients and use it generously before getting into the bed for maximum protection.
3. Invest in a comfy pillow: A good pillow can make all the difference in your tanning bed sleep session. Invest in one that is made of material that can withstand high heat, plus help keep your head and neck comfortable while you are tanning. This way, you won’t have to worry about getting an uncomfortable crick in your neck or an odd ache in your head.
4. Wear proper attire: Make sure to wear comfortable clothes when using a tanning bed so that you don’t feel constricted while trying to relax and nap. Also, make sure the clothing is light in color so that it won’t absorb too much UV light during your tanning session. A bikini, swimsuit, or even underwear works well. Many are most comfortable tanning in the nude.
5. Set the mood: Try to get into a relaxed, peaceful state of mind before you enter the tanning bed. Take some deep breaths and listen to calming music or audio books while in the booth to help calm your nerves and provide distraction from any external noise that could disrupt your nap.
6. Close your eyes: Once you’re in the tanning bed, close your eyes and take some deep breaths. This will help you to drift off into a peaceful slumber while still benefiting from the UV rays that are giving you a beautiful, golden tan.
7. Use aromatherapy oils: Aromatherapy oils can help to enhance the relaxation and sleepiness you get from tanning bed naps. Choose an oil that promotes relaxation, such as lavender, chamomile, or sandalwood. Dab a little on your wrists and temples before stepping inside and enjoy the refreshing and calming ambience.
8. Adjust the temperature inside the booth: Make sure the booth is set to a comfortable temperature before you get in by adjusting the fans. If it’s too hot or cold, it can make it difficult to relax and drift off into a deep sleep.
9. Use an eye mask: An eye mask can help block out any light that may interfere with your nap time. This will also prevent any unnecessary squinting that could occur from having your eyes open during tanning.
10. Drink some water: Make sure to drink plenty of water before and after your nap so that you stay hydrated while tanning. Dehydration can cause headaches and other uncomfortable side effects, so it’s important to keep yourself well-hydrated while using a tanning bed.
Tanning Bed Napping is Good For You
Following these tips will help you get the most out of your tanning bed sleep session. Not only will it make your nap more enjoyable, but it will also ensure that you get a healthy, golden tan to show for all your hard work! Good luck and happy tanning!
Are you looking for a luxury tanning bed experience that can offer a great foundation for power napping? Contact Broad Ripple Tans at 317-257-8262 to learn about our amazing automated spray tanning beds, regular tanning beds, tanning coupons, and more.