Achieving a beautiful, sun-kissed glow with spray tanning has never been easier. With the right preparation and aftercare tips, you can ensure that your spray tan looks its best for weeks to come. But if not done correctly, it can also lead to some serious mistakes which may ruin your look completely.
To help you avoid these common blunders when getting a spray tan at a salon or even doing it yourself at home, here are five of the biggest mistakes people make when prepping for their perfect bronze hue – and how to prevent them!
The Benefits of Spray Tans
Spray tanning is an easy and safe way to achieve a healthy, sun-kissed glow all year round. Not only does it provide a natural-looking tan without any harmful UV exposure, but it also offers a wide range of benefits for your skin. For starters, spray tans can help even out your skin tone, cover up imperfections such as blemishes and stretch marks, and make you look younger and healthier.
Additionally, the spray tan solution typically contains hydrating and nourishing ingredients that can improve the overall health and appearance of your skin. Unlike with traditional tanning methods, you don’t have to worry about damaging your skin or dealing with a patchy or uneven tan. Overall, spray tanning is a great way to look and feel your best without any of the risks associated with sun exposure or indoor tanning.
Avoid These Spray Tanning Mistakes
1. Not Shaving or Waxing Before Your Spray Tan: Hair removal prior to your spray tan is essential if you want the perfect tanned look. If you wax, it should be done at least 24 hours before the spray tan, while shaving should be done no less than four hours in advance.
2. Applying Too Much Deodorant: Deodorants contain aluminum and other metals that can interact with the active ingredients in the sunless tanning solution and create a patchy result on skin when exposed to UV light (from both natural sunlight and artificial light). To avoid this, use an unscented deodorant without any aluminum or wait until after your session to apply one.
3. Not Exfoliating Beforehand: Exfoliation is an important step in the pre-tanning process to ensure even application and longer lasting results. It should be done at least 12 hours before your session to prevent any residual oils from blocking the tanning solution.
4. Not Wearing Loose Clothes Afterwards: The spray tan takes a few hours to dry and develop, so wearing loose clothing for 24 hours is essential to avoid smudging or smearing. Tight clothes can cause friction which will lead to uneven patches on the skin – not exactly what you want!
5. Not Following Aftercare Instructions: Once your tan has developed, it’s important to follow aftercare instructions, such as avoiding water for at least 8-12 hours and applying a moisturizer every day. Not doing so will shorten the life of your tan and make it fade faster than desired.
Go Out There and Get Your Perfect Spray Tan Results
By following these few simple steps, you can ensure that you get the best possible results from your spray tanning session. With the right preparation and aftercare, you’ll have a beautiful sun-kissed glow that will last for weeks to come!
Are you looking for a tanning salon in Indy that offers spray tanning? Visit Broad Ripple Tans for the best spray tanning services, automated spray tanning booths, lay down and stand up tanning booths, tanning packages, and coupons!