Broad Ripple Spray Tanning 317-257-8262
Spray tans are a fabulous and enjoyable way to get that summer glow all year round, and without harmful UV-ray exposure. But for some, spray tans are short-lived. This is because it takes some genuine before-and-after care to ensure you get long-lasting color from your spray tan. If you are a lover of spray tanning, then it is in your best interest to learn how to make them last longer! Continue reading for helpful tips to extend the life of your sunless color.
Before Spray Tanning
The process to achieving a long-lasting faux tan starts before your spray tanning appointment. Skin care is vital to the outcome of your spray tan. Routine cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing are key elements to beautiful healthy skin. If your skin is not healthy, it will not respond well to spray tanning. Improper or negligent skin care will result in streaky, uneven color that quickly fades. Aside from everyday skin care, it is important to do a few things before your spray tan session to help promote lasting color. Here are some tips to go by:
• Exfoliate your skin every day for three days prior to your appointment.
• Get all waxing appointments in at least 24 hours before your appointment. This will prevent an unappealing dark pore look.
• Shower 8 hours before your appointment, and not RIGHT before it. The skin needs to settle and get its natural pH balance restored for a spray tan to do its best on your skin.
• Do not use heavy body lotions on the day of your spray tan.
• Wear loose fitting clothing (the least fabric-to-skin contact clothing possible) and shoes to prevent post-tanning lines and streaking. Perfect ensemble: Loose t-shirt dress and flip-flops.
• Do not wear deodorant or foundation. It will cause white spots and uneven color.
After Spray Tanning
Indianapolis Tanning Salon 317-257-8262
Once you have completed your spray tan appointment, there are important steps to take afterwards to ensure you get the best results possible, and that last. Small mistakes can mean the difference between a flawless color scheme and a streaky, splotchy look. Use these tips to get the best results from your spray tanning session:
• Wear the paper panties provided by the salon for at least 3-4 hours. Regular panties will give you lines.
• Ask the tanning technician to give you DETAILED instructions for post-spray tanning. Every spray tan is different depending on the preferences of the client and their skin type. One type of tan may call for an immediate shower, whereas another might wash away that soon.
• Be sure to shower properly. Avoid steamy hot showers and use lukewarm water instead. And do not use body washes or gels that leave a residue on your skin, like the ones that “deeply moisturize” or provide aroma therapy. Use basic, natural products. (i.e. Method Pure Naked Body Wash®, 18 oz. – $6)
• Moisturize properly. Moisturizing is one of the key elements to maintaining and extending your spray tan, but the wrong moisturizer will do more harm than good. Avoid oil-based lotions, as these will cause your color to slip right off. Instead, opt for basic, unscented oil-free lotion. (i.e. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion®, 16 oz. – $12)
• Use backup tanning products for your face and hands. This is because these are the areas that tend to fade first due to excessive washing. Invest is a high-quality self-tanning product for the face, and use it likewise on your hands. Face tanners are lighter in color, so you can still achieve an even look when using them on your hands too. Just wipe away nails, palms, and cuticles to avoid discoloration.
• Steer clear of excessive sweating for 5 to 10 days. This includes exercise, sun bathing, and anything else that makes you sweat. For those who cannot avoid gym time (understandably), there are products you can use to help reduce the effects of sweat on your spray tan. (i.e. St. Tropez Gradual In-Shower Tanning Lotion®, 6 oz. – $25)
• Exfoliate every few days with a gentle exfoliating product. This will ensure the tan fades evenly and doesn’t build up in certain areas. Opt for a gentle formula, steering clear of oatmeal and salt scrubs.
Broad Ripple Tans
Broad Ripple Tans 317-257-8262
Call Broad Ripple Tans
for spray tanning services
in Indianapolis, Indiana. We are a luxury tanning salon located conveniently around the corner from Broad Ripple Village. We offer a wide range of competitively-prices spray tanning packages and ala carte sessions, as well as, top-shelf tanning products, tanning beds, and more! Get the spray tan you’ve been looking for with the help of our highly trained and experienced tanning technicians. Call 317-257-8262 to schedule an appointment today!